Students with Disabilities: Teaching and Assessment
Use this introduction to mental health conditions, specific learning difficulties (SpLDs), and other disabilities to support teaching and assessment. Be aware that individuals are affected to different degrees.
Follow the links below for information on:
- Particular student disabilities
- The impact they may have upon student’s work
- How you can help
Giving appropriate support for teaching and assessment to students with disabilities and health conditions is a legal duty shared by all staff.
Swansea University Resources
- Look at the guide for prospective students on extra help and support
- SAILS staff guide on accessible and inclusive materials – Make your printed and online resources accessible and inclusive for the benefit of all students but in particular those with specific learning difficulties and/or disabilities
Swansea University staff only
- Frequently Asked Questions – Information for Swansea University staff supporting students with disabilities.
- SAILS guide to training and resources on supporting students with disabilities – A list of internal and external training courses, e-learning packages and resources, including information on Mental Health and Autistic Spectrum Conditions, supporting students with welfare needs, inclusivity in learning and teaching and sharing good practice.
- SALT Inclusivity Module – This CPD Byte is designed to help all teaching and support staff to develop a more inclusive approach to their role. To access the course, first ensure that you are logged on to Blackboard.